2040 - Alkerden Education Campus
The proposed Alkerden Education Campus comprises a primary school, a secondary school, sixth form, sports centre with associated facilities and a large area of external works. Works are due to start on site Autumn 2019 with the view to open the school for academic year in 2021.
- The site is located on an existing quarry, and an extensive earthworks programme is currently underway to reduce the site levels by up to 15m
- Proposed 2 storey Primary School is timber framed with CLT slabs supported on CLT walls, glulam and steel beams
- Secondary School is up to 4 storeys high and built into the slope of the site. Mostly formed of exposed RC with elements of steel framing
- Sports Hall comprises 21m steel trusses with a lightweight roof framing skylights
- The external works include 4 x grass sports pitches, 3 x Multi Use Games Area pitches, a running track, 4G artificial pitch, car parking and play spaces
Client: Henley CamlandArchitect: Lee Evans Partnership