2000 - 16 Chart Street
The redevelopment of an existing 1930s masonry warehouse located in Hoxton. The four-storey building has been repurposed and the area increased to include a new side extension, an additional storey on the roof and a new central staircase. Now complete, the building has become the new office space for our expanding practice, reflecting our approach to low-carbon structural design and our commitment to retrofit and reuse.
- Winner of AJ Refrofit of the Year Award 2022 and Structural Timber Awards, Commercial Project of the Year 2021
- Redevelopment and refurbishment of 1930s masonry warehouse building with clay hollow pot floors.
- Addition of lightweight CLT timber roof and side extensions.
- A feature sawtooth Northlight formed from high strength BalBuche LVL beams, delivering a large, open plan space for presentations, events and collective activity
- Exposed internal exposed structure and internal staircase to connect the working environment
- New external steel stair core and lift shaft
Client: CSI InvestmentsArchitect: Ian Chalk Architects