2000 - 16 Chart Street
Chart Street is a redevelopment of an existing 1930s masonry warehouse located in Hackney. The four-story building has been repurposed and the area increased to include a new side extension, an additional storey on the roof and a new central staircase. Now complete, the building has become the new office space for our expanding practice, reflecting our approach to low-carbon structural design and our commitment to retrofit and reuse.
- Winner of Structural Timber Awards, Commercial Project of the Year 2021
- Redevelopment and refurbishment of 1930s masonry warehouse building with clay hollow pot floors.
- Addition of lightweight CLT timber roof and side extensions.
- The new roof, featuring a sawtooth Northlight formed from high strength BalBuche LVL beams, will create a large, open plan space for presentations, events and collective activity.
- Exposed internal exposed structure and internal staircase to connect
Client: CSI InvestmentsArchitect: Ian Chalk Architects