1569 - Holborn Viaduct
A new 320,000 sqft 16-storey office building situated in the heart of the City, bound by the Viaduct, Farringdon Street and Thameslink railway.
- A number of constraints have to be negotiated as part of the works including a listed Gatehouse, Central Line tunnels and City Thameslink station.
- Works includes demolition of a number of existing buildings.
- Complex sites with several neighbouring assets including Central Line Tunnels, Thameslink railway and station, Listed Gatehouse, Listed Viaduct structure and sensitive cast iron bridges, Thames Water sewers and a live road running through the site and an additional tunnel beneath. The building is designed to minimise impact on the assets.
- Demolition of three existing buildings with movement monitoring to surrounding assets.
- Construction of new double basement each with mezzanines and fourteen storeys above Farringdon Street.
- Justification and reuse of existing piled foundations.
Client: Royal London Asset ManagementArchitect: PLP Architecture