2265 - Holbein Gardens
Refurbishment of an existing 1980s commercial building to create a modern workplace with increased floor area. Sustainability is at the heart of the development, reusing much of the existing building fabric and providing low-carbon, engineered timber extensions. The project acts as pionner for the reuse of structural steel scheme currently being developed and implemented across the Grosvenor portfolio.
- 1-2 storey vertical extension, including roof a new roof terrace
- The new structure will be formed from a steel frame with CLT floor slabs, a percentage of the steelwork will be reused from other Grosvenor sites and from reclaimed stock
- 93% of the existing building reused
- Minimal strengthening to existing building verified through investigations
- Building partly located over Thames Water sewer and adjacent to Sloane Square LUL station
Client: Estates Belgravia Architect: Barr Gazetas