1418 - 60 London Wall
The proposed development to provide one basement level, ground floor plus 10 storeys above, four floors will be constructed on top of the existing building, taking the effective roof level from the 7th to 11th floors.
- Building area increased by 54%. Finished building 70% new, 30% retained structure.
- Only 10% of existing columns strengthened to carry additional load. Existing piles and been reused and proven with additional loads.
- Existing and new structure exposed, with structural detailing to reflect this.
- Total engineering approach - HTS responsible for existing, demolition, temporary works and proposed works. Contract split between Enabling structural works and main works to maximise program.
- The scheme is being executed to BIM level II standards, working closely with Skanska to develop exemplary construction and sequencing models
Client: LaSalle Investment ManagementArchitect: EPR Architects