2106 - Winstanley and York Road, Block 1
Having previously has been appointed to the framework for the redevelopment of Winstanley and York Road which will provide 2,500 new residential units, HTS is now appointed to provide structural and civil engineering services for Block 1. The first and largest on the site, Block 1 is split into four components including a leisure and community centre, commerical space and two residential towers.
- The residential elements will provide 236 new units over two towers, the largest of which is 32 storeys high
- The new community and leisure hub will provide a new swimming pool facility, sports halls, a library and childcare facilities
- The development will deliver a mixture of new-build residental units suited to a range of tennants throughout the local area
- A pedestrian domininated public realm area will be created, running through the heart of the development and connecting York Road to York Gardens
- A shallow Thames Water storm relief sewer crosses the site, HTS has designed the foundations around this constraint and agreed the build-over with Thames Water
Client: Taylor Wimpey / London Borough of WandsworthArchitect: Broadway Malyan