Open/Close Menu
Loading... Loading...

1320 - Twenty St. James's Street


The building was constructed in 1926. The original architect was Sir Alexander Stenning and later George Vernon of Conduit Street.

Key Features 

  • Refurbishment of 1920’s steel framed office building.
  • Building has had a heavy refurbishment in the 1980s. Poor documentation meant in-depth investigation was required to fully understand the existing structure.
  • Re-coring and infilling of existing atrium.
  • Retained tenant at first, ground and basement.
  • Complex temporary works around party wall structure.
  • Rationalised a number of cores throughout the building to increase the core to floor utilisation.
  • Led the temporary works to retain an element of RC which was found to be supporting part of the neighbouring building.
  • Proved a higher imposed load to the existing floors.
  • Modified existing beams to increase floor to ceiling height.
  • Justified the existing foundations for increased load, avoiding strengthening.

Client: WELPUTArchitect: ORMS

Collect Project Collect

Mark Tillett
James Morgan
Spencer Stevenson