1440 - Tregunter Street
The project involves the complete refurbishment of a 1860’s five storey semi-detached house comprising single occupancy residential space and a rear garden.
- Demolition of the internal structure within the façade with retention of all of the perimeter walls and main roof.
- Construction of a new double storey RC basement under the footprint of the existing building and part of the rear and front gardens involving a typical top-down form of construction.
- Erection of a new internal steel frame above lower ground floor level with new metaldeck floors, all fully tied to the perimeter walls.
- Reconstruction of the side roof while maintaining the main roof in place.
- The extremely variable ground conditions across the site and the shallow ground water level required a careful design of the substructure to limit the effects of the deep basement construction on adjoining buildings and infrastructure.
Client: PrivateArchitect: Quinn Architects