1058 - The Hickman
This project involves the redevelopment of Cityside House, an existing five storey office building on Whitechapel Road near Aldgate East underground station.
- Existing building comprises 4 separate structures built at different times. Our proposals retained much of the existing fabric whilst adding 3 further stories of office accomodation.
- No historic drawings were available, but with targeted investigation works and rigorous assessment of existing conditions, we were able to minimise structural strengthening requirements.
- A new jump-formed exposed concrete core has been inserted in the centre of the building, and much of the ground floor lowered to create level access.
- Both existing and proposed structure are exposed on the floor plates, requiring careful and considerate structural detailing.
- BIM level 2 and BREEAM Excellent.
Client: Great Portland EstatesArchitect: DSDHA