1802 - The Gilbert and One Lackington
The original 1930s City Gate House structure comprises two buildings; a seven-storey E-shaped building with two additional basement levels which fronts onto Finsbury Square and a five-storey rectangular building with a single level basement fronting onto Lackington Street. The structure is being heavily refurbished and extended to provide a new high-quality commercial workplace.
- Additional storey extension to the central wing and reframing of the mansard roof floors
- Reconfiguration and extension of the existing central core to provide additional vertical circulation
- Temporary works designed by HTS to retain five storeys of the existing façade around the core which is to be reconfigured
- Strengthening of the original 1930s riveted steel columns and beams and provision of external rooftop terrace spaces
- Removing and infilling openings for existing internal access stairs and escalator
Client: Brookfield Property PartnersArchitect: Stiff + Trevillion