2370 - Sutton High School
The project involves the redevelopment of Sutton High School to provide new classrooms, refectory space, MUGA pitches and changing facilities for GDST to meet the growing needs of the school.
- Ambitious LETI targets to reduce the overall carbon impact of the development and as well as a need to minimise the impact of construction on the day-to-day running of the school, have driven the structural solution for each of the blocks.
- Superstructure for the classrooms and sports block will be a modular timber frame with SIPS panels.
- Refectory extension timber glulam frame.
- Specialist piled raft solution, Comdeck, is being used for its speed of construction and greater flexibility on site to avoid tree roots within the RPZ’s.
- Innovative SuDS solution with soakaways, raingardens, permeable paving and rainwater harvesting.
Client: Girl's Day School TrustArchitect: LTS Architects