1466 - St James Square
The project involves the substantial refurbishment and redevelopment of 24 St James’s Square, a Grade II listed nine storey office building located in the St James’s Conservation Area.
- Re-coring the complete building over the full height with a new RC lift and stair core founded on mini-piles.
- Demolition of the entire ground and first floor including internal columns and construction of new metal deck floors on new steel frame re-using the existing pad foundations.
- Demolition and reconstruction of the 5th floor upwards to create a new sloped mansard allowing for an additional storey to be constructed.
- Construction of new risers incorporated within the retained second to fourth floor for new toilet core and service distribution.
- Complex temporary works scheme fully coordinated with the proposed structure, designed by HTS to re-support the entire retained structure from 2nd floor upwards and provide internal façade retention from 5th floor upwards.
Client: 24 St James LtdArchitect: BLDA Architects