1418 - 60 London Wall
A major refurbishment of an existing post-modern office building in the City of London. Below the existing 10 storey structure, new space will be created at basement level with further ground floor retail space. An additional four floors of high-quality modern workplace accommodation will be constructed on top of the existing building, taking the effective roof level from the 7th to 11th floor.
- Building area increased by 54%. Finished building 70% new, 30% retained structure.
- Only 10% of existing columns strengthened to carry additional load. Existing piles have been reused and proven with additional loads.
- Existing and new structure exposed, with structural detailing to reflect this.
- HTS is undertaking a Total Engineering Approach which includes responsiblilty for existing, demolition, temporary works and proposed works. The contract is split between enabling structural works and main works to maximise the program.
- The scheme is being executed to BIM level II standards and we are working closely with Skanska to develop exemplary construction and sequencing models
Client: LaSalle Investment ManagementArchitect: EPR Architects