1120 - Seventy Wilson
The refurbishment and extension of an existing 1980’s office building in Shoreditch, London.
- Additional 2 storeys of office space built. Existing frame was justified to carry the load with no strengthening required to any of the structure.
- New 3-storey side extension spanning over a constrained access way.
- Structure supported from 4 new small diameter piles to limit ground works and disruption.
- Main core retained with additional lift second core removed.
- Design limited structural work associated with core work so all existing stability systems were left in place.
- Existing and new steelwork exposed, careful design and detailing needed to meet the architectural requirements.
Client: Stanhope PLC / Low Carbon WorkplaceArchitect: Astudio