1949 - Newson's Yard
Conversion of an historic timber yard on Pimlico Road in Belgravia, into a mixed-use scheme incorporating a retail arcade and residential units.
- Existing 19th Century timber yard structure comprising load bearing masonry walls/piers and trussed roof.
- Existing structure retained where possible in the yard, with mezzanine levels inserted and extension to the basement to create retail arcade.
- Retained façades along Pimlico Road with demolition of 19th Century structure and rebuilding of existing retail units utilising steel framed construction.
- Exposed structure within the yards where possible.
Client: Grosvenor Britain & IrelandArchitect: Stiff & Trevillion