2245 - Mercure London
HTS is working on the refurbishment and extension of the Mercure Hotel within the Bloomsbury Conservation Area in Camden. The proposals include complex extensions and internal alterations to provide additional accommodation to the hotel, in close proximity to adjacent properties and the Piccadilly underground line.
- 15% increase in accommodation area including a new external wing oversailing the adjacent party wall.
- New mansard roof structure adding an extra floor of accommodation by utilising lightweight framing materials to minimise loading on the existing foundations.
- Rear extensions designed for an additional storey for future adaptability.
- Sensitive internal alterations to the existing frame to accommodate new lifts, stairs and risers.
- New foundations below the existing basement level, adjacent to the party walls.
Client: Mercure HotelArchitect: Dexter Moren Architects