1175 - Lyall Mews
34 Lyall Mews in a mid-terrace house located within the Belgravia Conservation Area in Westminster. The refurbishment of the building includes the excavation of a new basement and the reconstruction of the internal structure within the existing building envelope.
- Façade retention of the existing front elevation and complete remodelling of the internal structure.
- Top-down construction of the two storey basement.
- Complex phasing of the basement constitution works around an single storey existing basement across part of the site.
- Challenging party wall constraints with in-depth technical opposition and negotiation.
- We adopted preloading via hydraulic jacks to control settlement in the deep underpins.
Client: Confidential Architect: Alain Bouvier Architectures