2308 - King Walk Estate
This project involves the redevelopment of the Kings Walk Shopping Mall and adjacent properties. A new five-storey mixed-use building.
- The structural solution has been developed to best respond to the existing structural arrangement to minimise the structural works required
- The proposed structure is sat at multiple levels, on strengthened existing foundations and new foundations. Detailed analysis has been undertaken to maximise utilisation of the existing structure
- The current proposed alignment of the Crossrail 2 tunnels has them passing underneath the front of the site. Detailed studies have been undertaken to ensure that the future construction of the tunnel would not adversely affect the proposed building
- The project sits on a constrained site with residents in occupation. The structural solution has been developed with constructability in mind
- Cascading blue roofs are provided to attenuate surface water at high level, achieving greenfield run-off rates and avoiding any tank-based solution or the requirement for pumping water into the sewer
Client: CrosstreeArchitect: Squires and Partners