0673 - Forest School
A modern, flexible new learning space has been designed by architects Buckley Gray Yeoman.
- Creation of column-free, flexible internal spaces with large glazed openings achieved using lightweight long span structure based on simple structural grid with small perimeter columns and a single central braced core system providing stability to the entire building.
- Complex M&E service integration overcome using flat soffit construction achieved using shallow pre-cast concrete planks supported by in-depth UC beams facilitating horizontal distribution of services.
- Complex edge façade and parapet details.
- Design for footfall and acoustics.
- Simple traditional form of construction to meet tight, budget requirements.
Client: Forest SchoolArchitect: Buckley Gray Yeoman