2262 - 82 West India Dock Road
A new mixed-use development comprising private and affordable homes in addition to hotel use. HTS carried out Stage 4 and 5 designs on behalf of the main contractor including optimising the original design proposed by the client team.
- Piled raft solution transfers ~15% of the building weight in direct soil bearing, with associated saving in piling
- Located new CFA piles in a heavily constrained site of closely spaced pre-existing piles
- RC core walls constructed using self-climbing slip form method
- Precast concrete façade panels supported by RC slabs edges using bespoke cast-in connectors.
- The building is traditional RC frame construction with RC flat slabs, supported by a piled raft foundation below new basement level.
- Basement retaining walls designed to cantilever in the temporary condition to allow unimpeded construction within
- Building designed to be independently stable following futureproofing scenario of hotel side demolition
Client: Rockwell / John Sisk & SonArchitect: SimpsonHaugh / Hamiltons