1323 - 77 Coleman
77 Coleman, a major redevelopment of an existing office building has been refurbished and transformed into a new high-quality workplace. Placing sustainability at the heart of the building, 78% of the existing structure has been reused, significantly lowering the embodied carbon and minimised material waste.
- Existing sixth storey demolished and a new three storey steel framed structure built, extending the building by an additional two storeys overall.
- Reconfiguration of the structural core including adapting the design from the initial reinforced concrete proposal to a braced steel frame to realise programme gains for the contractor.
- Extensive internal demolition and new construction to modify floor plates including also the reconstruction of south façade in steelwork.
- Site is adjacent to the Northern Underground line tube tunnels.
- New public path created with the extension of Nun Court to connect Coleman Street to nearby Moorgate. This will provide a much needed pedestrian thoroughfare as well as facilitating access to the new retail and leisure space at ground level.
Gordon Armstrong Payne