2095 - 76 Upper Ground
Extensive redevelopment of Denys Lasdun’s Grade II Listed Upper Ground Building. The landmark scheme will sensitively restore and extend the existing building to
create a modern, adaptable and low-carbon workplace.
- Significant structural intervention to the existing concrete framed, Lasdun designed Brutalist building.
- 80% of the existing building to be retained.
- 1-storey added on top of the existing building, and numerous floor plate extensions to the east and southern elevations
- Existing stability cores removed and replaced with new reinforced concrete structure.
- Justification of reusing existing pad, raft and piled foundation under proposed increased loads.
- Constrained site in proximity to River Thames and National Theatre.
Client: Wolfe Commercial Properties SouthbankArchitect: AHMM