1508-1 - 46-48 Bedford Row
Refurbishment of three Grade II listed Georgian terraces dating back to the 18th century for office use. The four-storey building with an existing basement experienced significant water ingress resulting in degradation to the existing timber and masonry structures. HTS worked closely with the contractor and design team to repair and reinstate the structure, whilst improving on the amenities within each building for new commercial tenants.
- Repair and reinstate areas of significant damage in a safe manner whilst respecting the character of the existing building.
- New rear terrace with exposed timber joists and custom rooflights. New openings within the existing masonry walls were also provided to enable access to this area, accommodated by steel stability box frames.
- Timber strengthening and repair to accommodate service runs within floor joists, including the use of an OSB plated solution to omit significant volumes of new timber joists.
- Underpinning and rebuilding of the arched basement vault structures due to localised damage and settlement.
- Additional connections into the existing below ground drainage network including reinstatement of drain runs and manholes affected by settlement issues.
Client: SRG Holborn LimitedArchitect: Buckley Gray Yeoman