1446 - 42 - 46 Princelet Street
42 - 46 Princelet Street, a new carefully crafted workplace, unifies two previously separate buildings into one modern office space. The project features a cantilever staircase installed through the heart of the building and a column free top floor with north-light roofing incorporated within structural trusses.
- Construction of two additional floors and a large atrium driven through the centre for circulation
- Feature cantilever strung staircase installed in the atrium
- Extensive structural testing to justify the existing cast iron columns and load bearing capacity of the foundation
- Steel framed construction with timber infill floors
- Two lightweight trusses span the full width of the building, providing a column free top floor and north-light roofing
Client: Brockton CapitalArchitect: Piercy & Company