1046 - 160 Old Street
The substantial refurbishment of 160 Old Street for Great Portland Estates on behalf of The Great Ropemaker Partnership. Designed and managed using BIM Level 2 protocols.
- 160,600 sq. ft mixed use building.
- Three new floors added and building fully re-cored and area gained on all elevations by cantilevering floor plate extenders.
- Extensive testing and analysis allowed increased existing pile and structure loads by up to 40% without strengthening.
- Full integrated temporary and permanent works design, through enabling and main works contracts.
- Full existing structural model produced at stage 2 from archives, allowing rapid and informed design progress. Federated BIM models allowed regular reviews of the coordinated design.
Client: Great Portland Estates plc on behalf of The Great Ropemaker PartnershipArchitect: Orms Architects