0453 - 12 Eaton Square
Kensington and Chelsea
A substantial refurbishment of a Grade II listed town house in Belgravia, including the demolition of a mews property and construction of a new double basement over the back of the site.
- Complete refurbishment of the Grade II listed townhouse.
- New double basement created over the rear of the site in water bearing gravels.
- Combination of underpinning and Giken zero piling used to form the basement in order to maximise basement space.
- Successful consents gained from Grosvenor, Westminster Conservation team and Party Wall surveyors.
- Mews house was rebuilt with a lightweight hybrid steel and concrete structure to the upper floors to provide column free space and minimise floor construction depths.
Client: FinchattonArchitect: Lifschutz Davidson Sandilands