Located in London’s Westminster, Townsend House is a mixed-use redevelopment of a 1910 red-brick office building. Having become tired and outdated, the existing building has been demolished to ground floor to make way for a new six-storey structure with a single storey basement, providing a mixture of residential, commercial and office space.
The site sits on an archaeological area of interest and over the last few weeks has undergone a number of digs and excavations, unearthing some exciting historical artifacts such as Tudor candlesticks and cooking cauldrons.
The main contractor has now been appointed and further demolition, excavation and piling is to commence over the coming weeks.
A project for ITC Properties, designed with Squire and Partners.