0724 - Vaulted House
The existing building, a private four-bedroom house in central London was built on a highly restricted site bounded by garden walls. A series of innovative structural interventions have refurbished the existing site to create a light and modern family home.
- The ground floor level was reduced to create floor to ceiling height requiring the perimeter walls to be underpinned.
- Removal of significant contamination on the site as part of the ground works
- Lightweight super structure to support timber floors
- Complex geometric roof structure to form sloping sections and large roof lights
- Bespoke galvanised staircase fabricated with steel perforated treads
Client: PrivateArchitect: vPPR Architects