0628 - Hammersmith Palais
This project involved the demolition of the existing Hammersmith Palais building, retaining the existing boundary walls with the Hammersmith and City line and the Grade II listed Fire Station, public house, and Police station that bound the site.
- Hammersmith Palais dance hall demolished retaining painted rear wall which borders the Hammersmith & City Line.
- Site surrounded by Grade II Listed fire station, public house and Police station.
- New 12 storey student accommodation block constructed providing 440 student bedrooms with retail, leisure and gym space at lower floors.
- Upper floors are modular construction built supported on a post-tensioned concrete transfer slab at second floor.
- Retained walls and surrounding listed buildings were monitored for movement while a new 1.5 storey basement was constructed within them.
Client: Generation EstatesArchitect: Make