1058 - 2 Whitechapel Road
This project involves the redevelopment of Cityside house, an existing five storey office building on Whitechapel Road near Aldgate East tube station.
- Existing building comprises 6 separate structures built at different times. Our proposals retained much of the existing fabric whilst adding up to 3 stories of office.
- No historic drawings were available, but with targeted investigation works and rigorous assessment of existing conditions, we were able to minimise structural strengthening requirements.
- A new jump-formed concrete core will be inserted in the centre of the building, and much of the ground floor will be lowered to create level access.
- Both existing and proposed structure are exposed on the floor plates, requiring careful and considerate structural detailing.
- BIM level 2 and BREEAM Excellent.
Client: Architect: DSDHA Architects